16 March 2008

Blogger!

So, I am going to try this again. It is that whole "all things old are new again." Legwarmers are back; Rachel, Corey and I all began ElfTown again; I am again on Blogger.

I make no promises on how often I write, how interesting my topics are or how high the quality is, but I will try to write on occasion.

so...

This has been an extremely busy weekend. I have new classes, which I am enjoying more than I expected. I have finally found an art class I can actually do! Of course, it is Intro to Engineering and Design, but we have to draw free hand, so it counts. I am proud of my picture of a drawing of a ruler! It is to scale and everything. Unfortunately, I am a bit OCD about counting squares and kept freaking out when a line was supposed to be in the middle of a box, and it was one line off. I would not cut through the middle of boxes --my lines would not have been straight-- but I also could not distract myself from the uneven-ness of 7 boxes compared to 6. To prove my OCDness in this situation, I must inform you that these boxes had to be about half a centimeter or less. It was bad.

So my crazy weekend started Friday. I had no classes, as I instead went to the school for the deaf with the winterguard and drumline. It was pretty cool performing for them, and some of the kids seemed genuinely interested in us while we performed. Sadly, we were shown up by the drumline and their stupid vibrations. All these adorable kids came up to the floor and sat with balloons to feel the drums. Then they got to touch the drums while the drumline beat on them. These little kids touching the big bass drum kept freaking out and jumping back whenever Will hit it. It was really funny.

The interpreter lady signing everything Joe said was really cool, too. She seemed pretty funny, and had this really humorous attitude while signing. At one point a kid started crying, so she breaks from her signing of Joe's words to signing and pointing out the kid crying then went right back to Joe. It was sweet. Being at the school really renewed my old dream of being a teacher at a school for the hearing impaired.

After the performance we went to lunch and the room was really quiet, especially for a lunch room. It was really funny, because after all the deaf students left, we all started talking again. I think it was just we felt awkward talking while they all could not hear, y'know?
That evening we still had to practice. It sucked.

Saturday I went to Solo and Ensemble with Amy. We got a 1. It was sweet. I kind of did not expect it, as I personally kept screwing up, but I think Amy's playing and her use of Finale for our generated score saved us. The judge guy was pretty cool, though. Gave me some tips of my bow hand. (by tips I mean criticisms)

After I went home, then came back to get ready for a Winterguard competition. The show did not go so well (I personally screwed up bunches, although did not drop...wait no, I think I might have. I don't remember.) Luckily, we got third. The group that got second was really good. They are Exit 52, were just bumped up into our class and they have this really creepy show where they dance around with pictures of dead people. It is sad and creepy and makes one tear up while watching. The saddest part was where they show big versions of the pictures, and there is this little baby. So sad!

Today we had another competition. This one was more relaxed and went better, although was not perfect. We got last, which was first. Go being the only one in your class! The really neat thing was the individual competitions. There was this stick girl who somehow had enough muscle to toss a rifle, but I cannot comprehend where that strength came from. She looked as though I could break her in two. Scary.

After the competition I watched TV. We saw something involving curry, so I convinced my mum to make curry. This meant we experienced the creepy sensation of smelling really good curry cooking while watching it on TV. I was almost like smell-o-vision, as my sister and I kept forgetting curry was actually cooking at home.

Uhhh...so that was the longest post of my life. I left out that I talked to Corey about every night online. I figure he will read this, so I don't want him to feel left out. Oh! I got new shoes. I like them. They are covered in squares. If you got bored and skipped down to here, I don't mind, if not, thanx for reading? Although it was prolly redundant. idk.

Oh! corey, Rachel, what are your new Elftown account names again? That is, if you read this before I ask you at school (if I remember)

ciao then, or Tschues or Goodbye or (place appropriate word in other language here)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Whoa, so I looked at that, and it was really long. Uh, sorry! :D

Now you know why my weekend was so packed though!

Peter said...

are they Vans, like i see a lot of checkered bored like vans shoes.

HI T-GIRL! It's uh, PeterMoose, creative right?

I should get on Elftown, is it on Elftown where people only trust you if you have a photo, i'll try to put one of me up.

Theresa said...

I should have known that

and no, they are not Vans; it is more of a gridding than a checker board
I'll show you at some point

Amy Hemmeter said...

OH, is that how you spell it? "Tschues." I've heard it so much but I never knew how to spell it.