06 April 2008

Awesome Weekend

So today is Sunday, but it does not feel like it should be. I have had such an amazing weekend, I feel like it just should not end.

Yesterday was MCGC state championships and we won third place! It is so amazing; we each have a metal and the guard got a plaque. I was sooo ecstatic! Then we got to watch the higher level guards. One guy threw his rifle so high, we couldn't even see it because the score box (standard sports arena score box) was in the way. AMAZING! We also got to see Interplay's show again, as well as Plymouth Canton World guard and the college guard from MSU and Lansing Community College. The Interplay show was soooo cool. They performed to "I can see clearly now the rain is gone", so they all wore rain jackets. At one point half or so of the group tossed their flags and while the flags spun in the air, the other half or third pulled the jackets off the tossers and then the tossers all caught. I don't know if that makes sense...but understand this: It was sooooo cool!

Today awesomeness continued with Robohawks and Amy's concerto. At Mr. B's I finally got my navigation systems to work again. This is a big step for the project, and it means I am finally back in the swing of programming. Also, it means so much to me, as I have been in such a slump all season, which made me sad. Today Robert and I tested the system around Brouillette's house, and then we all went to a soccer field and tried it out more. Yays! it worked :D Tomorrow we get to test it at Heritage Park...fun fun :P Ooh! and on Tuesday we make Balaji swim in the pool to do some tests for us. It will be funny..teehee.

So after Robohawks I went with Amy to practice the concerto for her spring concert through her private lessons. All them violinists were pretty good, and Ted (the hippie pianist that always accompanies Amy) apparently plays cello. His G string broke (hmm...I think that is a sexual term too...strange) and he ended up fixing it with a piano tuner's knot. I never knew this was possible, to continue playing with a broken string, but he played for the whole hour. AMAZING.
The other violist was kind of lame, he had just switched off of violin. I don't really like him, as he believes a "perk" of playing viola is that one gets to sit out more. Lame-o!

Lastly, what has made my day is this movie I am watching instead of homework: Damien:OmenII. I want to watch the original The Omen now...
1970s horror rules! let's watch more!
I think I am annoying Rachel with my comments about it. Especially considering she has probably already seen it, but...yeah

I guess I will do my homework...but later...maybe
oh! bitch! The step mom is a follower of Damien. Aww...but then he burnt her up. Jerk.
Now I want to see more of these movies...Like the first, and maybe a marathon of all the rest....
the music be so so cool. All, churchy and sweet and operatic and creepy and ... well...awesome

2 comments:

Peter said...

I remember when Rachel and I went to see The Omen in theaters, it was a pretty bad movie, I loved it.

Theresa said...

i want to see all of them!!!!!!in a big long marathon!!!!!!!that drags on for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!one which makes me want to murder people with crows for long periods of time after!!!!!!!!!!!11