03 April 2008

Podcasts!!!

Podcasts are amazing!!!!!

So, I currently have podcasts from college chemistry, physics, psychology and many other random classes. It is sooooo great! It is all thanks to my cousin, Devin. He showed me the wonderful world of listening to professors with senses of humor or funky accents! Hopefully I will actually continue listening...

Besides college courses, I also have files from this show from NPR called RadioLab. They investigate random things, from why people yawn, to a babies first laugh to old radio shows/broadcasts. My favorite, during which I keep getting interrupted, is this one about the War of the Worlds broadcast from the 1930s. I have always been interested by it, as I never understood how people were put into such a panic. Surprise, surprise, it also happened in Quito, Ecuador in the 50s or 60s...or another time, I listened to this a bit ago. They took the script from New Jersey, translated it, edited it to make it relevant to Ecuador and broadcasted it on the main radio station of the city.

It put people in a panic!

When they found out it was just a hoax...

...they ransacked the studio. Eight lives were lost.


I love PODCASTS! Where else do I get such incredible stories??!?!??!

There is this other thing I enjoy called ThreadBanger. These are a bunch of real cool people who make their own clothes/style. They have patterns, ideas, follow fashions, talk to designers and a whole bunch of other awesome stuff. So awesome! they taught me how to custom design a corset...though, I be shaped weird...so it doesn't fit as well as I would like...but...almost there :D
and much. Yeah, so they have a podcast too. It be sweet, yo.

uh, yeah, so ejumakate urselves yo! (lols, it be funny 'cause i am commanding you to be educated, but i am screwing up all....te hee)

check out foreign language podcasts, or college podcasts. It be totally sweet!

2 comments:

Peter said...

The only Podcasts I get is The Onion and MTV.

That Ecuidor incident made me laugh so hard.

Theresa said...

my dad has been watching those Onion videos a lot lately
i usually don't though...